[Zope-dev] Does creating REAL over-the-web Python code become realistic with Zope 2.4?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:59:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, E. Seifert wrote:
> at http://dev.zope.org/Resources/ZopeDirections.html:
> >The major goal will be to simplify how components (now called products)
> >are built and used. For example, currently some products are built in the
> >filesystem and some are built in the object database. We want to remove
> >this distinction so that all components can be edited via the filesystem
> and
> >live in the object database.

This does worry me.  I think I understand at least one motivation (ZEO),
but...

Well, as long as it doesn't compromise my ability to write Zope python code
using filesystem tools, it should be OK.  It just makes me nervous <grin>.

--RDM