[Zope-dev] Does creating REAL over-the-web Python code becomerealistic with Zope 2.4?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 10:54:36 +0200

> > >this distinction so that all components can be edited via the
filesystem
> > and
> > >live in the object database.
>
> This does worry me.  I think I understand at least one motivation (ZEO),
> but...
>
> Well, as long as it doesn't compromise my ability to write Zope python
code
> using filesystem tools, it should be OK.  It just makes me nervous <grin>.

I guess the crucial point is that everything should be editable from BOTH
the filesystem (or a mountable Zope storage
;-)) and the web front end.

Actually our motivation is a bit different from the one at DC. They mainly
see the programmer as the target. For us, it's the power user, who wants to
creat new objects, but only within a limited framework. For adding
completely new functionality, these people would rely on professional help.
But adding a new attribute to an object or changing a form should all be
possible over the web.

Joachim