[Zope-dev] [Announce] API Documentation Fishbowl Project

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:11:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Amos Latteier wrote:

> I encourage you to check it out and leave your comments, criticisms, and
> suggestions.

I like.  That pretty much captures it :)

There is one thing, though.  Let's say I have this class NiceBigCar.  The
developers docs from what you suggest are fine, but how about semantics
for adding users/clients/otherpersons docs as well?  I know it's only
documenting API's but surely the users use the API at some level too.

Is it meant to be like this:

   NiceBigCar/
              doc/
                  dev/
                  user/

for example?

I love the AOP stuff and I can't wait to start fiddling with it (once TW
is out for Python 2.1) and I just wonder if there is an easy way of
combining this weaving-effect with documentation.  I don't know, it might
be out of scope, or maybe the proposal takes care of that already, just in
a different way.