Fwd: [Zope-dev] How to return downloadable content from Python Method

Gregor Heine mac.gregor@gmx.de
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:54:01 +0200 (MEST)

> I am compressing  files which need to be uncompressed inline
> before download. The DTML  <href=...> calles a python method
> in the product which returns the  uncompressed file data. Say
> this file is an MSWord document, how do I return  this as a file
> to download? Presently, the browser just tries to display the
> binary file and makes a mess of it.
>
> Regards,
> Simon  B.

Hi Simon,

First off, please don't send HTML mail to the list.

You will have to set the Content-Type HTTP header to do that:
REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', content_type)
where content_type is the right MIME type of the file you return, e.g.
something like 'application/msword' in your case.
Hope  that helps.

Cheers,

Gregor.

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net