[Zope-dev] Advanced REQUEST inside Python Class Problem

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 05:06:49 -0500

Hello everyone,

I try to access the REQUEST variable in a Python class, but in certain
cases this gives me a real headache.

If I call my object with <dtml-var ObjectInstance>, then I can refer to the
request variable in my Python code with self.REQUEST
But, if I try: <dtml-var "ObjectInstance">, then I cannot use self.REQUEST,
since the namespace is somehow not passed. BTW, the same seems to be true
with properties inside a parent object. For some reason, if I call
__getattr__, the entire "global namespace" (REQUEST and Aquisition) does
not work correctly anymore.

Has anyone a clue for me?

Regards,
Stephan