[Zope-dev] Structured Text Plus

Ian Clatworthy ianc@mincom.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:50:33 +1000

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> > As I understand things from reading the STXNG Wiki stuff,
> > it's largely an internal rewrite which adds 2 or 3 new
> > features, namely images and tables.
>
> This is only a small feature compared to what STXNG really adds to
> structured text.  STXNG turns structured text into cross-format Document
> Object Model (DOM) in two stages and then into a final format.  The first
> stage turns it into a simple DOM that reflects the paragraph structure,
> but not the "markup" (italics, bold, links, etc.).

Yes, the new processing architecture is great and I fully intend
to leverage it as much as possible. I'm not sure if I'll
need to make some additional changes to the core classes as well?
If I do, I don't expect them to be large.

Ian C.

--
This transmission is  for the intended  addressee only and is confidential
information.  If you  have  received  this  transmission in error,  please