[Zope-dev] Re: AW: jcNTUserFolder

Jephte Clain jephte.clain@caramail.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 06:28:07 GMT+1

--=_NextPart_Caramail_002744992406487_ID

> Thank you for the tip with the access file.
> The remote user mode with challenge\response works
> perfect if I delete the Password of the access file.
>
> But, if I delete the Password of the access file I get a
Zope Error
> when I am not using the challenge\response mode.

that is the point :-)

As far as I know, it is not possible for Zope to run in
remote user mode and normal mode together (they are mutually
exclusive)

I think that the solution is to run two Zope instances in a
ZEO cluster (on the same machine), one which talks with PCGI
(and so is in remote user mode) and one which serves
directly the requests (and is not in remote user mode)

perhaps someone on the list can give his opinion (note that
i am not on the zope-dev list, so cc: any answer)

> The error gets raised in your NTUserFolder.py in line 79 (
return
> string.lower(login) )
> when login is None. (Anonymous login)
>
> I changed it to
>
> def _normalize(self, login):
> """normalize a login name.
> Currently, it is made lowercase
> """
> if login is None: #
modification
> 	login =3D 'Anonymous User' #
modification
> return string.lower(login)
>
> This is a very ugly hack, but it works.
You normally cannot login directly with Zope if it is
running in remote user mode. At least, with your patch, one
can browse the site anonymously

regards,
jephte.clain@univ-reunion.fr

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----

domain.
> And even if they
> > apply the correct Username / Pwd / domain they get
> rejected.
> >
> > Could you give me a tip what is going wrong?
> I need your answer to above questions. if migrating from
> 0.0.x to 0.1.x, you have to follow the instructions given
on

http://www.zope.org/Members/jephte/jcNTUserFolder/installation

> note: for remote user mode to work with zope 2.3.x, you
> *must* have the access file. it is not installed by
default
> for Zope 2.3.x
>
> regards,
> jephte.clain@univ-reunion.fr

Bo=EEte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com

--=_NextPart_Caramail_002744992406487_ID--