[Zope-dev] security question

Tim McLaughlin tim@iterationzero.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:38:31 -0700

It seems to me that a User should not get to keep their roles in the
acquired objects which are above the User Folder in which the user is
defined... However, that does not seem to be true according my testing.

This is what happens.  Imagine a tree like this
root-folder1-acl_users
    \folder2-object1

root has a role called 'User' with 'View' permissions (anonymous is
disabled) and acl_users has a user called joe.  joe can access objects in
folder2 according to the permissions set on the root by using acquisition
like this:
http://server/folder1/folder2/object1
joe cannot however, access them directly:
http://server/folder2/object1

Does this seem strange to anybody else, or have I just been working too
long?
Tim McLaughlin
iterationZERO - www.iterationzero.com
703-481-2233