PossitionIndex (was: Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog phrase indexingr evisited)

Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:36:41 -0700

A lot of folks who do "power searches," say, librarians or other trained
researchers, familiar with the bells and whistles of more powerful search
engines, will want a simple operator for proximity, with the ability to
specify proximity depth:

For example:

Lexis-Nexis:	Sean w/2 Upton 	(where w/2 is within 2 words)
			Also, lexis doesn't count stop-words in proximity
Folio/Nextpage:	"Sean Upton"@2

IMHO, the syntax is clean and very brief in the Lexis-Nexis case and should
suppliment a more generic
	Sean ... Upton
style search.

Sean