[Zope-dev] Properties and ZClass instances

Holger Lehmann lehmann@catworkx.de
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:22:30 +0200

Ok Guys,

I am lost :-(

We have created a set of Functions to edit the Properties of our objects.
The idea is based on the Howto called Editing Only Properties found at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/rlgines/propertiesOnly

We wrote a __init__.py file in a seperate Products folder that actually=20
"patches" the PropertyManager object dynamically (e.g. without cahnging t=
he=20
original source).

This works all pretty well for DTML Documents as well as other objects.
Now I created a ZClass (my very own :-) ) and tried to use this very=20
manage_editPropertiesOnly thing as well.
Without the result I wanted.
When I linked to
http://somwhere/path/to/zclass/instance/propertysheets/props/manage_editP=
ropertiesOnlyForm
with props being the name of the property sheet defined under the Propert=
y=20
Sheet tab of the Zope management screen.
manage_editPropertiesOnlyForm is a 1:1 copy of the manage_editPropertiesO=
nly=20
DTML Method with some user interface changes. Furthermore does it call a =
copy=20
of the manage_editProperties python function called manage_editProperties=
Form.
This Function again is a 1:1 copy of the original with the difference to=20
redirect to a different URL instead to the Zope management screen.

When called it shows all properties and the according values. When I hit =
save=20
it tells me it saved the properties but nothing acually happened.
I poked around the sourcecode but could not find any hints. I re-copied t=
he=20
functions to ensure I had the correct code but without any results.
It tries to post the form data the URL=20
http://somwhere/path/to/zclass/instance/propertysheets/props
=2E...

I am using Zope 2.3.0 and Zope 2.3.2.
Our manage_editPropertiesOnly function works (so far) under 2.1.6 2.2.0 2=
=2E2.5=20
2.3.0 and 2.3.2 (verified)

Any hints ?=20

Thanks in advance, Holger