[Zope-dev] Re: ObjectManager Bloat (was Re: [Zope] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:21:44 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Chris McDonough wrote:
> >
> > Shane's BTreeFolder Product attempts to ameliorate this problem a bit by
> > keeping the data that is normally stored in the _objects tuple in its
> > own persistent object (a btree).
> >
> > Are you breaking the content up into subfolders?  This is recommended.
>
> Do you still need to do this if you're using a BTreeFolder?

It doesn't hurt, but likely no.  If at all, you'd want to do it so
management interface views would be sane.

Then again, I've never actually used BTreeFolder.  ;-)

- C