Something better than ZClasses (was: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:38:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Stephan Richter wrote:

> I looked at the code pretty quick. I like it from the first view. It
> is very clean and easy to see the functionality. I think, if you can
> define an ZPI for your communication, then it will be no problem to
> put a SmartWizard Class Generator Front-End on top of this product.

What is ZPI?

> Well, the SmartWizard would be like the frontend for it. If you want
> to see an early non-SmartWizard-framework version, look at the
> ProiektorInstaller.  Just imagine you can build installers like that
> in Zope. I hope to be done with the first version on Thursday.

Great, will you let us know?

> I will upload the documents tomorrow though, since it is late here and
> I have to do some work still.

Ok.  I'll begin thinking about all the stuff I dreamt of making mk-zprod
into.

> I think that we will be able to combine the two products easily, once the
> SmartWizard is in a semi-stable state.

Sounds good to me :)