[Zope-dev] Spell checking module

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 04:53:26 -0500

>Has anybody ever written anything for zope that does something
>similar ?
>I was thinking of using ispell, maybe through a pipe ?
>A search on "ispell" or even "spell" on the zope.org website
>doesn't give any interesting result (same on python.org).

I do not know about any spell checker either.

You could write your own little spell checker quickly in a couple of hours.
No problem (would be nice to have :-) ). Just use the DBAdapter/Method
principle, where an Adapter links a dictionary (words.txt in Linux for
example) and keeps it in memory for performance. You can then write a
"Spell Checker" Method or another similar object that connects to this
Dictionary object and does the spelling.

I do not know much about a possible User Interface, but I guess you have
enough examples yourself (i.e: Hotmail).

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter