[Zope-dev] ZCatalog hackery

Morten W. Petersen morten@esol.no
03 Mar 2001 22:35:29 +0100

[Chris McDonough]

| Note that the algoritm is simple - for each index, compare the what exists
| in the index to what is to be put in.  If they're the same, do nothing.  If
| they're different, reindex.  I wasn't able to understand completely from
| your description whether the object method your're attempting to index via a
| TextIndex actually returns different data or not when you recatalog it.
| Does it?

Will the new data be 'made ready for indexing' before it is compared to the
existing data?  That is, will ZCatalog have to compute the data in some
way before it compares it to what is already stored?

I'm wondering because it would be significant overhead to 'make a data field
of 100MBs into an index-like value' and then compare it to what already
exists in the ZCatalog.

Thanks,

Morten