[Zope-dev] zWiki and Chinese

Sin Hang Kin kentsin@macau.ctm.net
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:51:13 +0800

I am trying to fix zWiki for Chinese. What I did is to remove

for c,e in intl_char_entities:
    t = re.sub(c,e,t)

from _text_cleanups of ZWikiPage.py

Then, I modify all forms to make them set utf-8 as default encoding.

After that, every thing seem working.

The only problem for me is that I can not create new pages with name in
Chinese. Because the way that wiki is create, it is very limited and ugly to
include some unrelated WiKiNames in the middle of the text, and the link
nevery self-explain.

Is it possible to include quote or other encoding methods such that the
utf-8 encoded text between [] were always converted to a correct ZODB id?
Which might solve the currently id problem for zope?

Moreover, zWiki use regular expression on the utf-8 text as if they were
ascii. Is it possible to convert it to unicode before applying regular
expression? Or can we store them as unicode?

Rgs,

Kent Sin
Rgs,

Kent Sin