[Zope-dev] get_request() idea

Tim McLaughlin tim@BCSWebservices.net
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:54:07 -0500

I'm making some mod's to the property sheets to allow them to fire an event
(call a hook) when they change on an instance.  Anyway, it looks like I'm
gonna have to hand the REQUEST object all around, so I can get the data out
of it that I need (as well as allow other inspection in the future).

Anyway, I propose that we could make Zope internals many times simpler by
having the REQUEST object available in all places Python simply by calling
get_request() (a __built_in__ method much like get_transaction).

This may even speed up Zope since in fact, no stack space will have to be
managed for the REQUEST object to be passed to methods that might or might
not need it.

Cheers,
Tim

Please don't kill me if this is a _really_stupid_idea_.