[Zope-dev] manage_main <select ... /> don't work with Mozilla

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:05:05 -0500

> >        I have discuss with Moz developers and they say it's not
> in the standard.
> > So now we must use something like <select ...>. All the other
> tags must follow
> > the same syntax, of course.
>
> So then Mozilla doesn't support XHTML?? That is where that whole
> trailing slash
> convention is coming from.

I think what he's saying is that Moz used to tolerate a
form like:

<select name="foo" />
</select>

...which doesn't make much sense (and appeared in the Zope
UI by mistake). I believe that it is still ok to use the
XHTML form for non-container tags, e.g.:

<hr />

The 'select' tag problem in the Zope UI has since been fixed
and the fix will be in 2.3.1 b2 (out today).

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909