[Zope-dev] manage_main <select ... /> don't work with Mozilla

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:43:29 +0100

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 08:32:14AM -0700, Casey Duncan wrote:
> Cyril Elkaim wrote:
> >
> >        Hi,
> >
> >        The last builds of Mozilla do not accept anymore this kind of HTML tags:
> > <select .... />
> >        I have discuss with Moz developers and they say it's not in the standard.
> > So now we must use something like <select ...>. All the other tags must follow
> > the same syntax, of course.
> >
> >     The problem with the management interface of Zope is it uses '/>' in many
> > places. So it's not possible to use Moz for creating new objects for example.
> >
> >         So should it be possible to do something about it :-)
> >
> >         Cyril
> >

> So then Mozilla doesn't support XHTML?? That is where that whole
> trailing slash
> convention is coming from.

Hmm.. I am not sure if the Mozilla people are interpreting this right.

The XHTML spec does say that tags that must have a seperate closing tag
according to the HTML spec (they are not empty, they just don't have
content), are best rendered in XHTML with a closing tag as well.

But, wether or not the Mozilla browser is right in rejecting <select />
and <p />, if the Zope DTML contains such tags, we are not following the
XHTML recommendation and I consider that as a bug. Could you someone file
a Collector issue?

--
Martijn Pieters