[Zope-dev] z2.py and environment variables

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:14:33 +0100

Hello!

I am trying to understand how z2.py and enviroments variables work, so =
that I can have complete control of how I start Zope. =
I-am-not-a-Python-programmer-yet, so I apologise in advance if the =
question is a stupid one.

Given the possibility to use INSTANCE_HOME etc, can I override most of =
the uppercase variables defined in z2.py by setting and exporting them =
in my /bin/sh script or are the only "overridable" variables the ones =
defined and used in=20

   lib/python/App/FindHomes.py?

My guess would be the ones in FindHomes.py, as calls like=20

  try: home=3Dos.environ['SOFTWARE_HOME']

seems to have something to do with it :-)

I just need to make sure which one is the case.

Thanks.

/dario

Dario Lopez-K=E4sten     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services