[Zope-dev] Python 2

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:20:53 -0500

> Is python 2 ready for the upcoming beta? Will the next release of
> zope win32
> come with python 2 or use the installed python if available?

I expect Zope 2.4 to be Python 2 (probably 2.1). Right now
the binary releases have a self-contained Python, and I
expect that to continue when we move to Python 2. Note that
you can make a binary release use an existing python by
just changing the start script to point to your chosen
Python executable instead of the bundled one.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909