[Zope-dev] Zope Versions & Core Session Tracking

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 12:09:10 +0100

Edmund Goppelt wrote:

> What has been your experience with Versions?  Is this a reliable
> feature of Zope?

It is, but only in certain circumstances:

1. When people using your site don't need to write to the ZODB to use the site
(it sounds like they do in your case)

2. You don't use mounted storages. In particular, Core Session Tracking and
Version objects seem to have quite a bad time of it when played with together,
but it's understandable when you think about how CST works.

I find versions are generally useful when updating brochurewear (DTML Methods
and Dcouments) but are limited elsewhere. It's a shame you can't use them with
WebDAV (guessing here, somebody tell me I'm wrong ;-) or FTP without major
hackory :-S

cheers,

Chris