[Zope-dev] determining database manager type from z database connection?

Andreas Heckel andreas@easyleading.org
Fri, 04 May 2001 02:37:56 +0200

Kent Polk wrote:

> Is there a generic way to determine what 'brand' of database manager
> a Zope database connection is connected to by interrogating the
> connection object?

<dtml-in SQLConnectionIDs>
<b>ID:</b><dtml-var sequence-key>
<b>title:</b><dtml-var "_.getitem(_['sequence-item']).title">
<b>type:</b><dtml-var "_.getitem(_['sequence-item']).database_type">
</dtml-in>

database_type is the 'brand' of the Zope DA. If you are connectet to a
PostgreSQL DB using ZPyGreSQLDA you get 'PyGreSQL'. Using ZPoPyDA it
returns 'PoPy'. That's not exactly what you are looking for but I hope
it helps.

Andreas

Andreas Heckel                                  andreas@easyleading.org
LINUX is like a wigwam...no gates...no windows and an apache inside ;-)