[Zope-dev] xmlrpc: Syntax error at line 34: illegal character in content

richard@bizarsoftware.com.au richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:30:02 +1000

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> The problem with sending binary data unencoded is line endings: \r\n
> might be "helpfully" converted to \n and vice-versa.  Other characters
> can be encoded but apparently parsers treat
 and
 as a
> real line ending.

I'm not sure where this leaves me... I think this means that ultimately
it's not possible to send binary data which contains 0x10 or 0x1310 in an
XML-RPC message. Bummer. Especially with the ~30% bloat incurred by base64
encoding :(

> In fact it's time to convert xmlrpclib to use the Expat module (via SAX)
> in Python 2.1.  It should speed it up dramatically.

I wish we had the luxury of moving to python 2.1 :(

   Richard

--
Richard Jones
richard@bizarsoftware.com.au