[Zope-dev] Experiments with ORMapping

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 12:50:44 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >
> > ZPatterns implements storage logic on the application level.
> > Applications have to be aware of (in fact they have to be centered
> > around) ZPatterns.  This alternate approach keeps storage logic
> > independent of application logic.  It lets you take any code written for
> > the ZODB and move it to your RDBMS schema without changing the code
> > (most of the time :-) ).
>
> Now that sounds really f^%$^ing cool :-) How can I help?

For now, I can make public the code I wrote for experimentation:

http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/orconn.tar.gz

The archive contains two Python files and a patch.  Put them in the ZODB
directory.  Perform the patch to DB.py.  (It's very minimal.)  Then run
testOR.py.  It just changes a mapping, but it does it transparently and
transactionally. :-)

I need to fishbowl this before going any further.

Shane