[Zope-dev] Subclassing SimpleItem and overriding __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__

Mark Postal postalm@cliffie.nosc.mil
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:25:54 -0700

I am trying to acquire the functionality of SimpleItem and the
new Zope 2.2+ security model (methods are private by default) in
a single class. Thus I subclass SimpleItem and override
__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ as follows:

class subclass(SimpleItem):

        __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=None

        __ac_permissions__=(
                ('View', ['index_html'], ('Anonymous',)))

        private = HTMLFile('filename', globals())

        .
        .
        .

I would expect that the 'private' method would no longer be viewable
via the web.  But it is.

Am I missing the obvious here?

Mark Postal