Randomness (RE: [Zope-dev] CoreSessionTracking 0.8)

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 00:22:35 -0400

Joachim Werner wrote:

> > However, a much more helpful report would be
> > one which provides a repeatable test case which invariably reproduces
> > the problem instead of one which states the symptoms and effects of the
> > problem.
>
> I know, but that's why the errors are called "random": They are not easy to
> replicate ...

I understand.

I just wrote a test case that emulates many visitors firing off sessions
and making changes to shared data objects simultaneously.  It even
emulates aborted connections.  Unfortunately, I see nothing out of the
ordinary.  :-(  This is very frustrating.

- C