Randomness (RE: [Zope-dev] CoreSessionTracking 0.8)

Matt Hamilton matth@netsight.co.uk
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:35:15 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Bummer.  How long is the session data container timeout set for?  Are
> you sure you're just not exceeding the timeout?

The session timeout is 120 minutes.  I am using an external
SessionDataComainter stored in the normal undo-able ZODB (I'm not
expecting that much traffic to it).

Looking into it further I don't think it is a CST fault :)  I think I have
fixed the problem.  It was me not setting _p_changed on an object with a
dict after adding items to the dict.  Hence the session wasn't being lost,
just the conents of the cart itself were not very persistent :)

I'll be able to confirm this later today.

> Yes, any sort of object can go into session data... there are some
> caveats documented in the helpfile (for instance, acquisition-wrapped
> objects shouldn't be stored in session data), but otherwise anything's
> game.

I can't find anything about acquisition-wrapped objects in the helpfile,
what is the problem with them?

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                         matth@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet