[Zope-dev] Simple ZClass Stuff

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sun, 27 May 2001 10:48:22 +0200

> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: unsliceable object

Have you tried to use the newest Zope version? In 2.3.0 or so there was a
bug that gave us the "unsliceable object" error for ZClasses that are based
on "Image" or "File" (which should be similar to the DTMLDocument case).
Newer versions work fine again.

> NOTE:
> On one attempt, I modified the constructor input form to use
> 'addDTMLDocument' and the class method to use 'manage_edit' and
> 'manage_upload'.  These changes got past the 'unsliceable object' error,
> however, when instantiating this class, I was unable to access the
property
> sheets and views that I had defined.  I was left with the default views
> defined for the DTML Document class.

I guess with this you actually create plain DTMLDocuments, not the new
ZClass you have defined. This is why you don't get any of your customized
propertysheets.

BTW: What do you need a "DTMLDocument" ZClass for? I would not really know
what it could be good for ...

Joachim