[Zope-dev] Bulletproof ZCatalog proposal

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 10:03:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Erik Enge wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
> > I have written a proposal.
>
> So, if I understand correctly, when this is implemented, will the ZCatalog
> always resolve conflicts and never raise ConflictErrors?  If there are no
> ConflictErrors in the main object system?
>
> I think I'm missing the point here.

How did you miss the point?  That's exactly the point! :-)

Right now ZCatalog randomly generates ConflictErrors even if there are no
conflicts in the data being indexed.  It's quite rare, however, and
there's machinery that retries the entire transaction up to three times
when it happens.  But I want it to be more reliable, especially so that
ZCatalog can be used in ZODB applications outside Zope.

Shane