[Zope-dev] Opinions wanted: clean distribution

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:50:33 +0000

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:03:49 -0500, Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:14:48AM +0000, Toby Dickenson wrote:

>Matt:
>VARDIR/zope/INSTANCE/Products is probably the most sane place.
>
>> Toby:=20
>> ETCDIR/Products: contains symlinks into ZopeProducts
>
>Matt:
>VARDIR/zope/INSTANCE/Extensions, I'm thinking.  The other thing to
>
>> Toby
>> I think Extensions need to be in the ETCDIR too

Do you really want products and extensions in VARDIR? To me they feel
more like configuration, and less like data.

My preference:

XXX/etc/zope/INSTANCE/Products    : containing symlinks to
XXX/lib/zope/AllZopeProducts      : containing products

My second preference:

XXX/lib/zope/INSTANCE/Products    : containing products

But I really dont like:

XXX/var/zope/INSTANCE/Products    : containing products

>I use this setup
>currently with my OpenBSD Zope port.

Me too.

Toby Dickenson