[Zope-dev] unrestrictedTraverse unable to access the root object

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:27:39 +0000

   http://new.zope.org/Collector

> I just realized that the unrestrictedTraverse returns self
> for the empty-string url: ''
> I did expect it to return the root object because the empty-string
> is equal to the path tuple ('',).

You convert from a path tuple to a path like this:

   path='/'.join(path_tuple)

While you're correct that the path tuple ('',) is equivalent to the path
'', I thing the path '' means "current object".

So, the root would be represented by the path '/', and therefore the
tuple ('','').

I guess I should go and read the traversal code again...

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer