[Zope-dev] Signal 11 restarts

Daniel Duclos daniduc@hiper.com.br
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:56:29 -0200

	Hello!

	I am a Zope newbie, so maybe I am  saying some stupid things, but I'm gonna
try =). Oh, and forgive my english!

	I Have a debian linux box running Zope 2.4.0 binary release. I installed
MySQLdb-0.9.0 compiled against a Zope 2.1.

	I am getting signals 11 frequently. I searched the list archives and found

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2001-August/012878.html

	But, since I am using a binary release, how can I turn this pymalloc thing
off, besides from installing Zope from the source? My system has an old
python version <1.5>  from debian woody.

	I can get python 2.1.1 from the source and compile it without the pymalloc,
but choose not to install it on the system, and them put this python in the
place of zope/bin/python. Will it work?

	Oh, BTW, i am not getting any cores, despite setting ulimit -c to unlimited
<both in the shell and in the start script>, giving wrtie permissions to
nobody in the zope dir.

	Oh, I forgot to mention, my Data.fs has 1 GB of size!

	Thanks on any advice and for your patiente

daniel lobato duclos -- daniduc@hiper.com.br -- http://www.hiperlogica.com.br