[Zope-dev] uncaptured python exception error with asyncore

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:09:19 -0700 (MST)

I got this in my STUPID_LOG_FILE as an error zope had right before it died
however I am not sure how it can be fixed so that it doesn't happen again.
What is strange is that zope did not truly die instead it lived on for a
while and eventually killed all connection handling. I had to actually
kill it manually to get it to stop and then restart it.

Zope 2.3.3
Python 1.5.2
Redhat 7.1

At the same time it gave that error message the Z2.log recorded a few
hundred grabs at the same two images on the server by one client. It
appears zope did continue to work for a little while after that but from
what I can tell of other users it performance degraded steadily until it
just stopped handling requests.

I would appreciate any suggestions you could make so that I can provide
enough information to get this bug tracked down and killed.

ERROR(200) ZServer uncaptured python exception, closing channel
<zhttp_channel connected xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1329 at 89ce8a8 channel#: 521
requests:1> (socket.error:(104, 'Connection reset by peer')
[/home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/ZServer/medusa/asynchat.py|initiate_send|211]
[/home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/ZServer/medusa/http_server.py|send|399]
[/home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py|send|282])

Designing the webpages of tomorrow http://webme-eng.com
Designing the MMORPGS of tomorrow http://worldforge.org