[Zope-dev] Wild and crazzzzy idea: Hierarchial permissions

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:56:27 +0100

The list of permissions is getting quite long. It's the basic permissions of
Zope, plus the ones for our CM system. And we haven't even integrated CMF
with it (which we may or may not do in the future).

To make things easier to find we have names all our permissions "Easy
<something>". I then got the idea that the permission list could be
hierarchial or filtered or grouped or something. All permissions would have
another setting to specify it group. That way the Zope base permissions
could be grouped together into a "Zope Base" persmission group. We could
group our in an "Torped Easy Publisher" permission group, and so on.

Good idea or stupid?