[Zope-dev] Wild and crazzzzy idea: Hierarchial permissions

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:36:20 +0100

From: "Oliver Bleutgen" <myzope@gmx.net>
> Well, for your use you could just hardcode some permission "groups" and
> include them in the dtml-file which resembles zopes security screen.
> A little bit javascript and selecting one of your groups would
> automagically be checked when you check one of your groups.

True, good idea. If the list gets too big (we are not there yet) we might do
this.
But it would be nice to have general support for it. Unless somebody scream
I'll make a proposal.

> What I'm missig more is flexibility for the "Add object" mechanism.

Yeah, that would be nice too. It's not any problem for us, since only
managers get to see many objects to add, but I wouldn't complain if the
feature was there. :-)

> To get back to the topic, perhaps your wishes and mine could be
> combined: A permissions group for "edit text products" which would
> automatically select the right permissions.

Hmmm... So you mean that the group is a permission too, that sets all of the
permissions in the group?
Thats not what I was thinking about at all, but it might be a good idea....