[Zope-dev] Wild and crazzzzy idea: Hierarchial permissions

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:17:24 -0800

Perhaps what might be nice is an arbitrary, user-selected grouping that
keeps a mapping of default and user-created categories for permissions, and
allows one permission to be mapped to several groups, even in a hierarchy:

+ Permissions, Sorted by Product/Interface
	- MyProduct
		-> View Management Screens [x]
		-> Access Contents [ ]
		-> Edit CRM Profile Data [ ]
	+ ObjectManager
	+ etc...
+ Permissions, Custom Sort
	+ Permissions Used in My Application
		-> View Management Screens [x]
		-> Edit CRM Profile Data [ ]
	+ Other permissions

etc...  I wonder if this is doable with a monkey-patch?

Another thought is something like this, with the addition of a
permissions-template that is a canned set of selected permissions...

Sean