[Zope-dev] Catalog improvements

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:59:08 -0500

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 09:49 am, Steve Alexander allegedly wrote:
> Casey Duncan wrote:
> > I have some code that implements this in my CatalogQuery product. It
> > creates a query object from a string. Presently these are not persistent,
> > but they could easily be made to be to create precompiled queries.
> >
> > code at: http://www.zope.org/Members/Kaivo/CatalogQuery
>
> Casey, did you get a chance to look at my patches for adding an extended
> uniqueValues method to CatalogQuery?

No unfortunately I think it got lost in the shuffle around the time of my
cross-country move. Any chance of sending it over again? I am revamping some
of my "old" products, perhaps this will give me an excuse to release a new
version of catquery.

> > I would be willing to help both in coding and getting the code put into
> > the Zope core.
>
> <raises hand> me too!
>
> >>So, if there is interest, i would propose to collect some ideas and
> >>comments about how a better Catalog should look like, how it could be
> >> best implemented and how to organize this effort (with respect to the
> >> already existing proposals).
> >
> > I am very interested in such a discussion. Let me know what I can do to
> > help.
>
> I'm interested in this too, and I'm keen to get a solution that will
> work with just the ZODB, without needing all of Zope.

Yes, I second, third and forth that motion. I have a bunch of ideas kicking
around for ZODB-level indexing. Let's talk more. Perhaps we should arrange an
"indexing and catalog" chat on #zope.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org