[Zope-dev] Dying in the Fishbowl.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:01:38 +0000

Steve Alexander wrote:

> Does the fishbowl process address this for you?
>
>    http://dev.zope.org/Fishbowl/Introduction.html

>From me, that'll be a resounding no.

Every single idea I've had for Zope has died somewhere in the fishbowl, and not because people have turned round and
gone "no, that's a crap idea." That I wouldn't have a problem with.

The fishbowl is an exciting idea, but quite frankly, I have neither the time nor the patience to monotonously go and
check if anyone has commented on a proposal or find out how relevant propsals are doing.

We're suppsoed to be good at doing this information management thing, given the jobs we all do, so how come the thing
which should be bringing us together is such an example of making the user do all the work while the technology sits
idley by?

cheers,

Chris