[Zope-dev] Re: Fishbowl?

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:49:47 +0100

From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>

> 1. We can build something better. I can list requirements but that's not
relevent here. However, this will take serious
> effort (it's a hard problem...) and as we know from bitter experience,
things that need serious effort either don't
> happen, take far too long to happen or happen badly ;-)

As a friend of mine usually says: How hard can it be? :-)

We need a python Product with a couple of objects:

1. A "Proposal" object that is Folder where you list the Document and
Discussion objects that reside in it. Proposal objects have notifications,
so people that are involved get emails when things happen.
2. A Document object, that is a WIKI.
3. A discussion object where you can have a threaded notifiable discussion.
4. A proposal catalog object, where the proposals are catalogued, and
generates a list of the proposals.

Doesn't take that many weeks, but no, I definitely don't have time until
February... :-/
At least not until I get more efficient when programming, which needs fast
debugging and proper unit tests... :-)