[Zope-dev] Zope has been Hijacked! Save Zope!

Clark OBrien COBrien@isis-server.vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:03:47 -0600

Thanks Andrew for a heartfelt description of what is happening here.

It is clear that unlike the other freeware products like Lenux,
 JBoss.., Zope has lost all of the advantages of being a freeware product.

What I find sad is that the extreme commercialization of Zope is
hurting Zope- this discussion list is censored in a way that would
not be allowed for most commercial products.

I posted a serious bug- Zope throws an exception after trying to
resolve a transaction conflict three times. The discussion was quickly moved

line and I was told this is not a problem- Not a problem? Give me a break!!
This nearly killed my application and cost me several weeks of work.

Those who know of these problems can write clean applications but these
issues are kept strictly
confidential.

To the *TRUE* open source community I would just say
let us reclaim Zope-even if it means branching.
                      Clark