[Zope-dev] Problems with Oracle DA and Dates

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:49:31 +0200

Hello Dario,

Just noticed behaviour similar to this a couple of days ago , but
haven't had the time to file a report on it.. - We managed to narrow
it down a bit , tho' :

In our installation ; Zope silently restarted , quite quickly , and
almost unnoticeable to our editors.
This was triggered either when we passed one of the
oracle-date-objects returned by DCO2 to DateTime(), or when we
believed them to be DateTime objects and tried to run DateTime methods
on them...

I was in a production environment , so i had to fix the errors before
going to work on narrowing down the bug. Selecting your dates as
strings with TO_CHAR(datefield) in your SQL will be a safeguard
against the restarting/crashing/whatever_bad_things_might_happen , but
will give you boring strings instead of date-objects.. -ok , it is a
stopgap, but my Zope stopped restarting every 2 minutes...

Hoop we can get this fixed before the final is released..
:-)

--
Geir Bækholt                   web-developer/zopatista
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team