[Zope-dev] file descriptors on Solaris - IT'S A BUG, PEOPLE!

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:03:40 +1000

[cc'ed to zope-dev so people can check this information]

On Thursday 04 October 2001 13:47, Joseph Wayne Norton wrote:
> One related question that I have regarding cgi.py and zope.
>
> Would there be any compatibility problem of applying the following
> older cgi hotfix to python's cgi.py file and usage with Zope 2.4.1 and
> higher?
>
>   python cgi hotfix:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=4
>43120
>
>   zope hotfix:
> http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/Hotfix_2001-07-25/README.txt
>
> My understanding is that the zope hotfix is not required for version
> 2.4.1 and higher.

Zope 2.4.1 includes the hotfix. The hotfix does not fix the "too many open
files" problem. I don't believe there's any compatibility problems (we're
using both OK here).

    Richard