[Zope-dev] A modest proposal: Replace medusa with Twisted

Itamar Shtull-Trauring lists@itamarst.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:12:24 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:

> Well, you're advocating this, so it's fair to paint a rosy picture.

And I'm a Twisted developer, so I'm even more biased :) Though the overall
design was not done by me, and was what convinced me to use it in the first
place.

> Can anyone see what the downsides would be?

1) Medusa is working *now*. This is of course the main reason why not to
switch. I dunno how deeply integrated Zope is with ZServer.

2) Twisted has not hit 1.0 yet. OTOH the core APIs Zope would be using are
pretty stable and I don't think we are that far from 1.0.

> In any case, it does look cool. Perhaps a fishbowl proposal would be the way to
> go?

After I get some downsides, I might.