[Zope-dev] Zope & Cygwin

Norman Vine nhv@cape.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:37:38 -0400

Chris McDonough writes:

>> FYI
>> I finally have a Cygwin compiled Zope running in a Cygwin enviroment.
>> This is with the very latest Cygwin distribution augmented by a locally
>> compiled Cygwin as represented by the current Cygwin CVS files.
>
>Cool!  This is excellent.  This means that I stand a shot at
>getting rid of
>200 miserable MB of VC++ on my machine.
>
>I presume this means that Cygwin Python ships with threads enabled?

No I forgot to mention that this is with a locally compiled Python
that hasn't had threading disabled. ie
% cd $PY_2_1_SRC
% ./configure
% make; make install
Where the Python source is the current Cygwin distribution source
< very minor mods from official tarball >

Also note not everyone is having the same success with threading
that I am < however I do not believe they are running Win2k sp2 >

There are several of us trying to stomp an apparent race condition
with earlier Windows distributions.
Any simple test cases demonstrating the problem welcome < preferably C
examples >

$PY_2_1_src / Lib / test / test_threadedtempfile.py
seems to be a good test to tickle the bug

This seems tobe another good python test
$ZOPE_2_4_1_src / lib / Components / ExtensionClass / test / regrtest.py

Cheers

Norman