[Zope-dev] Zope & Cygwin

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:13:21 +0200

> Hope it's OK to continue crossposting this thread.

>> also of note
>> http://apache.dev.wapme.net

> Grabbed the bindist earlier today. ;-)  I wanted to torture test the Zope
> session manager under the cygwin-built Zope using ab, which is good
> real-world threading test.  It appears that neither ab nor wget much like
> something about their communication with the cygwin-built Zope.  Here's a
> wget session with a cygwin-built python/Zope combo:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that cygwin seems to impose
a noticeable performance hit for an application running under it,
compared to a "native" port.

See for instance
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/cygwin.html

"Apache still performs best, and is most reliable, on Unix platforms.
First benchmarks have shown that the same Apache setup on Cygwin performs
about 30% slower than the corresponding native Windows version."

cheers,
oliver