[Zope-dev] Zope & Cygwin

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:24:51 +0200

> I think the main reason for bad performance of any network related
> application under Cygwin is the network layer. My observation is
> that network is usually 10 to 25% of the normal throughput under Windows.
> I have also seen that Cgywin performs slower on Windows 2000  than on
> Windows ME.

Jupp, I think so too (about network performance).
As I understood, the whole thread started with an argument that perhaps
no native zope port for windows is needed because of cygwin.
I would say, as Chris, for development, this is ok, for production
not, the quote from the apache site indicates this.
I doubt zope corp. would accept a 30% tradeoff on windows.

Ok, now let's discuss how feasible windows is for a production
server anyway ;-).

cheers,
oliver