[Zope-dev] Appropriateness of using ZODB transactions to sync databases

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:02:08 -0700

I am working on a membership application for a voluntary organization.
The database may be updated either by the national office or local
chapters.  For security, convenience, and hosting reasons it seems
best that locals work off their own copy of the database.

Periodically changes will need to be syncronized, in both directions.
I know that ZODB logs transactions.  Is exchanging transactions a
reasonable way to accomplish the syncronization?  If so, exactly how
do I go about grabbing them (it would be "all since date x") and then
replaying them?

Thanks.