[Zope-dev] Zope & Cygwin

Norman Vine nhv@cape.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:18:12 -0400

Andreas Jung writes:

>I think it"s in ZServer/HTTPResponse.py

Thanks, I found it

However let me show off my ignorance here

=============
$ wget -S http://localhost:8080
--21:12:56--  http://localhost:8080/
           => `index.html'
Connecting to localhost:8080... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
200 OK
2 Server: Zope/(Zope 2.4.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python
2.1.1, cygwin) ZServer/1.1b1
3 Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:12:56 GMT
4 Connection: close
5 Content-Type: text/html
7

    0K -> ..  <  WGET HANGS HERE  >

<509> Zope-2.4.1-src
$ ./stop
[1]+  Terminated              ./start

<510> Zope-2.4.1-src
$ wc index.html
    105     362    3022 index.html
==============

Note that after <Ctrl-C>'ing out of wget
index.html has been recieved
and that its length is 3022 bytes !!

I know I am missing something obvious here, but ....
why was Chris getting 194 bytes with a VC++ compiled Zope ??
and what does this 194 bytes represent.
My guess is that it is the length of the response's header
but I do not see where this is determined.
FWIW - I have traced the Zope code back into
Zpublisher.BaseResponse

=== snipped from earlier msg ===
Here's a session with a VC++-built Zope:

$ wget -S http://localhost:8080/
--22:17:20--  http://localhost:8080/
           => `index.html'
Connecting to localhost:8080... connected!
2 Server: Zope/(unreleased version, python 2.1.0, win32) ZServer/1.1b1
3 Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 02:17:20 GMT
4 Connection: close
5 Content-Type: text/html
7

    0K ->                                                        [100%]
=======

Cheers

Norman