[Zope-dev] BUG or FEATURE?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:15:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> I dont know how it was supposed to work, but i think that if the REQUEST was
> immutable inside a dtml-with, it should be not allowed to call REQUEST.set
> inside it.

It isn't immutable.  The second and subsequent sets should work.

> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('var', sequence-item)"> <== only works first time it

Well, I don't know quite what you are observing, but this code is broken.
Inside the quotes you are in python mode, and 'sequence-item' in python mode
is the variable sequence minus the variable item.  Since it didn't throw an
error, you must have variables by those names that understand substraction.

Try _.getitem('sequence-item') instead.

I suspect this thread belongs on zope, not zope-dev.

--RDM