[Zope-dev] login prompt after letting user change his password.

Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids Matt.Behrens@Kohler.Com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:09:12 -0400

Clark OBrien wrote:

> Hi all
> I have written some code to alow a user to change his password (below)
>
> The problem is that after executing this code  the login dialog pops up.
>
> The login requires the user to enter his NEW password.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Basic authentication works by sending the username and password with
each request.  You've changed the password on the server, but the client
is still sending the old password, which doesn't authenticate them any
longer.

The user'd have to do it sometime, why not right after their password is
changed?

BTW, the proper forum for this type of question is the main Zope mailing
list, <zope@zope.org>.

--
Matt Behrens <matt.behrens@kohler.com>
System Analyst, Baker Furniture